Last Update: May 2020
The following terms and conditions, terms of service (referred to as “Terms of Service”), govern your access to and use of our website, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through Vavanya.co.za (referred to as “our website”) by Vavanya (Pty) Ltd, collectively referred hereto as “our”, “we” or “us”.
By using our website, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use our website.
Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 if you have any questions regarding our website or Terms of Service. Contacting our Customer Support team can be performed by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribers are users who purchase a subscription service from Vavanya (Pty) Ltd.
Custom Offers are exclusive offers to subscribers and/ or potential subscribers.
Disputes are disagreements between a subscriber and a medical service provider.
Payment Services Provider(s) are service providers that provide payment services to subscribers on our website. This includes automated collection of funds from subscribers when subscriptions become due.
Vavanya in this document means Vavanya (Pty) Ltd
- Only users with valid and current subscriptions will be able to upload medical accounts and receive feedback and advice from Vavanya.
- Subscribers receive a Customer ID that will allow them into the Members Area of the website.
- Vavanya provides expert advice on your medical accounts.
- We ensure that your medical account accurately reflect the service you received.
- Our advice will at all times reflect our best endeavours and when we advise you it is our final view and the limit of the service we can provide you.
- For fees and payments please go to our subscription page here.
- You subscribe to our service by selecting an option on our subscription page here.
- You are allocated a Customer Profile Number.
- You register each of the eligible members with us on your Customer Profile and answer a couple of relevant questions.
- You are now ready to submit medical accounts for services received within the period of your active subscription.
- We evaluate each of these accounts and determine accuracy of the billing to ensure you are charged for the service you received.
- If the account is accurate – we will let you know for your peace of mind.
- If we identify a potential problem, we will advise you on the additional information you need to obtain from your medical service provider or medical scheme. Once you receive this additional information, you submit that to us and we will review all the information and inform you of our finding.
- Should we identify a problem or error with the account, we provide you with the correct advice to address the service provider or your medical scheme.
- We do not engage medical service providers or medical schemes directly.
- We will at all times provide you with our best possible advice and the benefit of our 20+ years of experience in this industry.
- After presenting you with our final findings, the submission will be closed and no further engagement will take place on that particular submission.
Disputes and Cancellations
We will, at all times, act in a professional manner and provide you with our best endeavours to resolve any disputes as quickly and amicably as possible. If for any reason this is not possible, you can cancel your membership.
User Conduct and Protection
Vavanya provides an advice service for subscribers on medical accounts for medical services received. To enable the effective operation of this service, the following applies:
- Personal information is uploaded and shared with Vavanya voluntarily.
- All communication is done in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Disputing financial accounts is by nature a confrontational process but needs to be conducted in a professional and respectful manner.
- After we have given final feedback on a submitted account and it has been closed, we will no longer communicate on that submission. Should you wish to have it re-opened, please log a dispute for consideration at email@example.com.
Adult Services & Pornography – Vavanya does not allow any exchange of adult oriented or pornographic materials and services.
Authentic Vavanya Subscriber Profile – You may not create a false identity on our Vavanya Member Registration environment, misrepresent your identity, create a Vavanya profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another subscriber’s account or information. Your profile information, including your registered dependents, must be accurate and complete and may not be misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Vavanya reserves the right to require subscribers to go through a verification process in order to use our website (whether by using ID, phone, camera, etc.).
Privacy & Identity – You may not publish or post the private and confidential information of anybody other than yourself or your registered subscriber beneficiaries. Any exchange of personal information required for the completion of a service must be provided in the Member Area.
Inappropriate Behaviour & Language – Communication on the Vavanya website should be friendly, constructive, and professional. Vavanya condemns bullying, harassment, and hate speech towards others. We allow subscribers a platform to obtain advice on medical service accounts only.
Phishing and Spam – The security of our subscribers is a top priority. Any attempts to publish or send malicious content with the intent to compromise our servers or the computer environments of fellow subscribers is strictly prohibited.
Fraud / Unlawful Use – You may not use our website for any unlawful purposes or to conduct illegal activities.
Abuse and Spam
Targeted Abuse – We do not tolerate users who engage in targeted abuse or harassment towards our staff or anybody in our environment. This includes abusive behaviour in communications with us.
Our website, including its general layout, design and content, is exclusively owned by Vavanya and is protected by copyright and trademark law.
- Vavanya reserves the right to put any account on hold or permanently disable accounts due to breach of these Terms of Service or due to any illegal or inappropriate use of our website or services.
- Violation of Vavanya’s Terms of Service may get your account disabled permanently.
- Subscribers with disabled accounts will not be able to submit any accounts for advice.
- Vavanya may make changes to its Terms of Service from time to time. When these changes are made, a new copy will replace this version and become the current version.
- You understand and agree that if you use our website and/or service after the date on which the Terms of Service have changed, we will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms of Service.
User Generated Content
User Generated Content (“UGC”) refers to the content added by users as opposed to content created by our website. All content uploaded to our website by subscribers is User Generated Content. We do not check user uploaded/created content for appropriateness, violations of copyright, trademarks, other rights or violations. We invite everyone to report violations together with proof of ownership. Reported violating content may be removed or disabled.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. OUR WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER VAVANYA NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH US MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL VAVANYA, OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.